When it comes to adding new members to our team, we look for people who share our core values of respect, hard work and thinking big. We want talented people who aren’t afraid to put their head down and grind out killer work before kicking up their feet and raising a glass to a job well done. If that sounds like you and you’re looking for an advertising job in Omaha, send us your resumé. We’re always looking for talented people who knock our socks off.
As a web developer, you will help our digital creative team produce a variety of digital marketing materials – from WordPress websites and landing pages to emails and display ads. The ability to communicate and collaborate with colleagues and management will be crucial as you’ll be responsible for ensuring that each project is consistent throughout all digital channels while actively working to improve the aesthetics and user experience on all platforms.
What EXACTLY will you do? For starters, you’ll …
- Implement designs and layouts for interactive projects such as websites, emails, rich media banners, animations and video
- Develop new website and interactive features to meet client needs
- Provide expert usability advice and recommendations for client website improvements on behalf of the agency
- Work to ensure projects meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Coordinate with team members to manage schedules, requirements, assignments and deadlines
- Perform regular plug-in updates and quality-control tests on hosted websites
What type of person are we looking for? Someone who …
- Collaborates well with other creatives
- Can effectively communicate user interface designs using site maps, user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and other deliverables
- Works well in a fast-paced team environment and can communicate effectively – both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates exceptional attention to detail, critical thinking and organizational skills
To be successful you’ll need to be proficient in the following web technologies and concepts …
- CSS extension languages such as SASS or LESS
- Responsive Web Design
- Git version control
- Custom Theme and Plugin development for WordPress
- Basics of hosting a website (domain registration, DNS configuration, server access via ssh/ftp)
An ideal candidate would be familiar with …
- Build tools such as Webpack and Gulp
- CLI commands and usage of a terminal
- Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/Lightroom
perks of working at skar
Free water, free parking, unlimited bathroom breaks … what more could you ask for? In all seriousness, we value the personal needs and professional goals of each of our employees. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package as well as various onsite amenities to show our commitment to your success.
long-term disability and life insurance
cafeteria flexible spending account
WE’RE ALWAYS INTERESTED IN HEARING FROM EXTREMELY TALENTED PEOPLE. THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES? THEN SHOW US YOUR STUFF!